#56 PGA West Stadium Course

This course is the 4th hardest in the US, 9th in the world.  It is host to the tournament formerly known as the Bob Hope Desert Classic.  It wasn't until I got close to the clubhouse, and things were looking familiar, that I realized I had played it before.

Lee Trevino made a hole-in-one in the Skins Game here in 1987.



It's much more Dye-abolical than the La Quinta Mountain course.  Railroad ties, bunkers, and mounds abound.  Some are the spectator mounds that gave rise to the "stadium" name, but there are plenty inside the ropes as well.

In 2015 as a 14 handicap I played from the "combo" tees, and shot 92 with 3 GIR.  This year I'm an 11, played the white tees (300 yards shorter), and had 92 with 2 GIR (1 birdie, 26 putts, and 9 shots into or from water hazards).

Pictures from this year and 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Lick